Central Library of CTU was founded by merging former CTU libraries.
Libraries of the Faculty of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Architecture, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, and Faculty of Electrical Engineering are located in the new building of National Technical Library (NTL) in Dejvice.
- 2nd floor - Main desk, Mo - Thu 9:00 - 16:00, Fri 8:00 - 14:30
- 3rd floor - Periodicals reading room, Mo - Fri 8:00 - 20:00, Sat 10:00 - 17:00
- 5th floor - Central Library, Mo - Thu 9:00 - 18:00, Fri 8:00 - 14:30
The CTU Central Library collection covers whole range of scientific disciplines related to CTU and provides further electronic services. Loan period depends on the category of the user, the minimum is 1 month.
- Library and Lending Code (pdf)
- User's declaration Part 2 - Internal Users (pdf)
- User's declaration Part 3 - External Users (pdf)
- List of charges and paid services (pdf)
The library is a member of these professional bodies:
- Association of Libraries of Czech Universities
- International Association of Technological University Libraries (IATUL)
- Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche/Association of European Research Libraries (LIBER)
WHAT DOES CENTRAL LIBRARY OFFER?
- Printed books, course literature, standards, journals
- Electronic information resources, databases, e-books, e-journals
- Diploma theses and dissertations
- Seminars, trainings, tutorials
HOW TO REGISTER?
To register you need to visit the library. At the first visit you choose your own PIN number to access your personal user account. You also sign User's Declaration (Rights and responsibilities of users and library staff ). As a registered user, you may reserve and prolong your loans through the internet.
- Traditional loans
- Interlibrary loans - providing loans from other libraries
- Electronic document delivery, journal article delivery (charged fee)
- Information retrieval services
- Seminars, tutorials
- Electronic information services' seminars, tutorials, trainings
You can browse or search our library catalogue http://aleph.cvut.cz as a GUEST or REGISTERED USER. Sign into your account using your library card's barcode and your personal PIN number (choose your PIN number at your personal visit in the Library). You can search the entire library collection or partial collections (e.g. Diploma theses and dissertations).
LOANS AND RESERVATIONS
Books stored in deposit have to be ordered in advance!!!
After signing in, search for a book you wish to borrow. Display the record, click on All items at the bottom of the record and then click Request in the left hand column.
When your books are ready to pick up, you receive an email notification or you can look at your user account at the link Hold Requests.
- You can reserve books currently borrowed by another user the same way.
Books in the Central Library on the 5th floor are available without reservation.
CONTROLL AND PROLONGATION
Sing in to your user account. Click at My Library Card at the upper navigation bar and see the list of your loans. If you click at Loans and then on individual items you can prolong your loans by clicking at Renew link. Books cannot be renewed if your registration expired or a reminder was sent.