Journal's website: https://ojs.cvut.cz/ojs/index.php/ap/index
ISSN 1805–2363 (online)
CiteScore (Scopus): 2021 – 1,5
SJR 2021: 0,261
- Academic journal of the CTU that publishes original academic publications of international community of authors, focused on engineering, mathematics and physics. It is indexed in the Web of Science (ESCI collection), Scopus, Inspec and DOAJ databases, selected articles are indexed in the CAS The journal is also indexed in the EBSCO Discovery Service, that is being used worldwide by over 15 000 institutions including MIT and Caltech.
- The journal accepts original, not yet published contributions of the "article" and "review" type from engineering, mathematics and physics for „single-blind“ peer-review. Experts from Czech and international institutions cooperate on the peer-reviews. Each contribution is reviewed by a minimum of two independent reviewers.
- The journal is published as Open Access, without fee for authors.
- The authors are guaranteed publishing while following the publication standards - published contributions are assigned DOI identifier and are saved to the CTU Digital Library (institutional repository DSpace)
- The editorial team is using the Open Journal Systems platform to manage the journal and SimilarityCheck tool to prevent plagiarism.
- The authors can use a template for their contribution in LaTeX. They enter their contributions online into the editorial system OJS, where they can follow the status of the contribution in the peer-review process.
- The authors must submit high quality contributions with all requirements in .pdf for peer-review. The source files also must be submitted (.doc, .tex, .bib) and figures in .pdf, .png, .jpg format in sufficient resolution and size for print (300 dpi). All materials must be entered to the editorial system in their final version. Poor quality materials are a reason for rejection of the contribution.
- The library offers support to young authors from the CTU. This support is not different criteria for accepting contribution but there is an option of direct consultations provided by the librarians, from literature search, writing the contribution, copyright and publication ethics to individual steps of the editorial process.
The history and the rating
The first academic journal for the whole university at the CTU was published from 1961 under the name „Proceedings of the Czech Technical University“. The name of the journal was changed to Acta Polytechnica in 1996.