Digital Library (DL) is an institutional repository of the Czech Technical University in Prague – it is a university-wide platform for storing, sharing and presentation of CTU published works. DL stores university theses and dissertations (ETDs) - Bachelor's, Master's and PhD theses/dissertations (including doctoral thesis statements), and published works of CTU employees.
CTU DL is created in compliance with the principles of open university, both to the Czech and international environment.
- To augment the transparency in educational and research activities
- To share knowledge and results of professional activities both inside and outside CTU
- To promote CTU professional activities and their results
- To integrate CTU DL into international information infrastructures
- To enable worldwide searchability of CTU published works
- To increase the international cooperation in the field of scientific and academic activities – work on expert projects, mobility of both teachers and students
- To raise CTU’s prestige in the world
CTU DL is built on DSpace open source platform. It is being developed by the Central Library of CTU in cooperation with the Computing and Information Centre of CTU.
DL’s content is made available under the policy of open university and Open Access – free and unrestricted online access to research and scientific results of the university.
Metadata of all theses and dissertations defended at CTU are automatically inserted via CTU information system (study information system – KOS component).
Content of CTU DL:
- Journal articles published by CTU authors freely on internet (Open Access journals)
- Educational materials and presentations of CTU employees
- Articles from journals whose publishers support self-archiving
The objectives of developing the CTU DL:
- To insert students’ theses and dissertations through CTU IS – study information system (SIS/KOS component)
- To insert the published works through CTU IS – current research information system (CRIS/VVVS component)
- To engage CTU DL in international systems (BASE, OpenDOAR, ROAR,OpenAIRE)